What we do
At Zitango, we know local destination experts are the key to designing authentic travel experiences in any country. For almost four decades now, our founders have been a trusted source of exceptional destination specialists across the globe, and we value that trust. We vet dozens of established travel agencies in every country until we find the perfect ones: not just knowledgeable, but trusted, resourceful, service-oriented and, above all, fully licensed. Thanks to our solid partnerships with these destination specialists, Zitango is able to present the highest-quality experiences and value to our clients. From the moment you begin finalizing your itinerary with your selected expert, to finally meeting them at your destination up until your return home, you will feel you have fully discovered a city or country in its purest form. Thanks to this personalized and very high-touch approach to travel, we enjoy glowing reviews of our exceptional tours.
Zitango matches you with two of our approved, local experts on the ground who will hand-craft the ideal itinerary for your trip. Choose your favorite, then work with the travel agent to create a memorable, customized journey. We partner with only the very best luxury inbound travel suppliers and licensed guides so that each personalized itinerary ensures:
- Local tour managers and experienced, licensed guides
- Accommodations in a hand-selected group of exceptional hotels
- Meals in highly-reviewed restaurants of outstanding quality and local appeal
- Time on your own to relax, explore, shop, or meet the locals
- A “friend” on the ground offering 24/7 back-up, so you are never alone in a destination
- Never any hidden fees
- Repeat Traveler Privileges, since our clients return to us, again and again, for more custom journeys
Zitango matches your travel needs and personal trip style with
Private Guided Tours
Special Interest Tours
Faith-based Tours and Pilgrimages
Private Custom Group Tours
Safaris and Journeys of Exploration and Adventure
Who we are
Ben Abak, Founder
Leo Abak, Managing Director
Behind Zitango is a family that lives and breathes travel, for 40 years! We love what we do and it shows in the care and attention we give to our customers. Our history starts with Ben, our founder, who started as a night clerk at a historic palace hotel in Pisa, Italy during college. Getting enchanted with the multicultural vibes of the travel & hospitality world, he went on study to become a licensed professional tour guide. And that love of new cultures turned into developing travel businesses in seven different countries, including Italy, Germany, the U.K., Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, and finally here in the U.S. Ben’s passion for exploring new destinations and cultures through authentic travel experiences, in style and well-planned to the smallest detail, is now the guiding principle of the Zitango team for each and every customer.
How we work
- Give detailsTell us your destinations, dates, passenger names, ages and travel wishes and touring preferences.
- Get matched with destination specialists
We connect you with two of our local travel specialists in your desired destination. Communicate with them directly through your private account on our web portal.
- Design your tripOur specialists will work directly with you to design your dream trip and provide you with their best proposals. Because they have met our strict qualifications, they have the best pricing with local suppliers and attractions. We guarantee you will be spoiled for choice!
- Confirm your detailsChoose one of the proposals and, finally, purchase your ideal trip. Receive a detailed itinerary with contact information, vouchers, confirmations and invoice. You book and pay for your trip with confidence directly through Zitango, not the local supplier. Because Zitango is a fully licensed & bonded U.S. company, you are protected against default or fraud.
- And GoBon Voyage! Enjoy your custom, authentic travel experience. The specialist you have been dealing with to design your dream vacation will be your host on the ground, so that you can feel at home in your travels.
- Tell us about your tripOn your return, review your trip and the services you experienced to help other travelers on their future Zitango journeys.
We recommend the purchase of travel insurance to help protect the valuable time, money and effort you have invested in your vacation plans. Comprehensive insurance coverage will provide peace of mind in the event of service disruptions, delays, cancellations or unforeseen circumstances.
The unexpected can happen, be prepared.