Discover excellence with us...
What we do
At Zitango, we know local destination experts are the key to designing authentic travel experiences in any country. For almost seven decades now, our founders have been a trusted source of exceptional destination specialists across the globe, and we value that trust. We vet dozens of established travel agencies in every country until we find the perfect ones: not just knowledgeable, but trusted, resourceful, service-oriented and, above all, fully licensed. Thanks to our solid partnerships with these destination specialists, Zitango is able to present the highest-quality experiences and value to our clients. From the moment you begin finalizing your itinerary with your selected expert, to finally meeting them at your destination up until your return home, you will feel you have fully discovered a city or country in its purest form. Thanks to this personalized and very high-touch approach to travel, we enjoy glowing reviews of our exceptional tours.
Zitango matches you with up to three of our approved, local experts on the ground who will hand-craft the ideal itinerary for your trip. Choose your favorite of several options, then work with one travel designer to create a memorable, customized journey. We partner with only the very best luxury inbound travel suppliers and licensed guides so that each personalized itinerary ensures:
- Local tour managers and experienced, licensed guides
- Accommodations in a hand-selected group of exceptional hotels
- Meals in highly-reviewed restaurants of outstanding quality and local appeal
- Time on your own to relax, explore, shop, or meet the locals
- A “friend” on the ground offering 24/7 back-up, so you are never alone in a destination
- Never any hidden fees
- Repeat Traveler Privileges, since our clients return to us, again and again, for more custom journeys
Zitango matches your travel needs and personal trip style with
Classic Escorted Tours
Special Interest Tours
Culinary, Art & Architecture, History, and more
Faith-based Tours and Pilgrimages
Safaris and Journeys of Exploration and Adventure
Who we are
Ben Abak, Founder
Ben has 38 years of travel industry experience, including partnerships with companies in Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, the UK and the US. During these years, Ben has been crafting and operating hundreds of trips for individuals and groups of all sizes across the globe, visiting over 75 countries (and counting). As such, he has become a respected and trusted leader in the travel industry. Ben enjoys sharing his passion for travel with others and co-founded Zitango Travel to continue this goal.
Leo Abak, Managing Director
Having been born into a family that has founded travel businesses in seven countries, Kerem has grown up globetrotting the world with guest groups. This hands-on experience combined with his dynamic, perfectionist personality, made travel career his natural calling. Before joining Zitango, he has worked in the travel services subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company, where he honed his luxury travel planning skills for high-profile customers ranging from corporate executives and Nobel laureates to top U.S. government officials. He leads Zitango, working passionately to ensure each Zitango guest has ‘the perfect travel experience’.
As leading experts with nearly 48 years of experience in luxury travel, tourism and hospitality between them, Abak Family have combined their backgrounds, extensive destination knowledge, and their passions for the diverse communities, cultures, and traditions of the world into building their family business, Zitango Travel.
That shared passion and the conviction that expert guides who are knowledgeable about their countries’ history and culture are the keys to presenting a destination to visitors in only the most authentic and enriching way.
In their lengthy careers, Abaks have spent decades sourcing the most accomplished travel service providers and guides across the globe. The partnerships they have formed ensure that Zitango travelers enjoy unforgettable, authentic experiences and return home with memories they will treasure and rave about for years to come.
Ultimately, their highest aspiration in founding this company is that Zitango travelers will always remain a member of our extended travel family and share new memories each time they journey with us.
How we work
- Give detailsTell us your destinations, dates, passenger names, ages and travel wishes and touring preferences.
- Get matched with destination specialists
We connect you with up to three of our local travel specialists in your desired destination. Communicate with them directly through your private account on our web portal.
- Design your tripOur specialists will work directly with you to design your dream trip and provide you with their best proposals. Because they have met our strict qualifications, they have the best pricing with local suppliers and attractions. We guarantee you will be spoiled for choice!
- Confirm your detailsChoose one of the proposals and, finally, purchase your ideal trip. Receive a detailed itinerary with contact information, vouchers, confirmations and invoice. You book and pay for your trip with confidence directly through Zitango, not the local supplier. Because Zitango is a U.S.-based company, we safeguard your journey from start to finish against default or fraud.
- And GoBon Voyage! Enjoy your custom, authentic travel experience. The specialist you have been dealing with to design your dream vacation will be your host on the ground, so that you can feel at home in your travels.
- Tell us about your tripOn your return, review your trip and the services you experienced to help other travelers on their future Zitango journeys.
We recommend the purchase of travel insurance to help protect the valuable time, money and effort you have invested in your vacation plans. Comprehensive insurance coverage will provide peace of mind in the event of service disruptions, delays, cancellations or unforeseen circumstances.
The unexpected can happen, be prepared.
Join Our Amazing team
Have a passion for travel? Interested in working for Zitango? Join our amazing team of specialists in services and travel!
Zitango’s founders have nearly 70 years of combined experience in this industry; travel is not only the core of our business, but a part of our family life as well. Our policy is to uphold our “right person for the right job” approach to attract and retain individuals who are focused on growth in the dynamic industry of luxury travel and are not intimidated by the prospect of taking bold steps forward.
Zitango Travel is dedicated to the principle of equality and diversity in its workplace and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.