9 Days , 3 Countries , 5 Cities
But our tours are more than just sightseeing. We also offer unique experiences that will immerse you in Hungarian culture. From wine tastings to cooking classes, you’ll get a taste of what makes Hungary so special. And with our small group sizes, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to interact with locals and make new friends.
Don’t settle for a cookie-cutter tour. Choose Zitango Travel for an unforgettable luxury experience in Hungary. Book now and discover the true essence of this captivating country. Experience the beauty of Hungary in a way you’ve never imagined. Book your luxury tour with Zitango Travel today!
Tailor-made Budapest & Hungary Itineraries
Browse our sample tours for itinerary ideas. Contact us for a trip customized to your exact preferences.
8 Days , 3 Countries , 3 Cities
Travel Styles for Budapest & Hungary
Budapest & Hungary Travel GuideSome information and tips about Budapest & Hungary
Socially and etymologically unmistakable from all of its quick neighbors, Hungary is exceptionally much the ‘odd one out’ in Central Europe, but for all the foremost honorable reasons. This may be a country whose capital, Budapest, can hold up a reflect to classical Vienna; it’s a world of well-preserved castles, enchantingly great wines and calm stolid pride; a scene of low-lying mountains, oak woodlands and thermal springs. The Romans were the first to form utilize of the hot waters, initially for therapeutic purposes. Nowadays, the interest is relaxation and over time the bathhouses have developed into impressive engineering affairs, most eminently in Budapest.
The capital is a rich, in vogue and enthusiastic city made up of two isolated settlements clustered on either side of the Danube Waterway: sloping Buda features a riches of smooth Habsburg and neoclassical buildings, whereas sprawling Bug is its commercial middle with a liberal scrambling of craftsmanship nouveau engineering and an ad-hoc party scene.
Weather, Climate and Geography
Hungary has a continental climate and is situated below the temperate zone. The annual average temperature is 11 degrees Celsius (52 F). The hottest month in the year is July, where the monthly average temperature is close to 21 degrees Celsius (70 F). The coldest month of the year is January. Then, the monthly average temperature could reach -1.6 degrees Celsius (30 F).
The number of hours of sunshine per year is 2040, while the average annual rainfall is 516 mm. The two rainiest months are June and November.
In general, two flood-waves pass through the Danube on a yearly basis – one in the winter, and another at the beginning of summer. Thanks to the quays, floods do not pose a risk to the city.
Lightweights for summer, medium weight clothing for spring and heavier clothing for autumn and winter.
Did you know?
- Hungary has its own cowboys called “csikos”. They entertain the visitors with horse shows. Hungarian Great Plain called the “Puszta”.
- Hungary is one of the oldest countries in Europe, which was founded in 895.
- Country’s Summer Olympic success is quite high. Hungary has won the second most gold medals never to have hosted the Games.
- The country has many thermal springs. Lake Héviz is the largest thermal lake in the world. The capital city, Budapest, has 70 million lets of thermal water rise to the surface daily.
- Hungarian Parliament is the 3rd largest parliament building in the world, which has 691 rooms.
- Education for Hungarians is very important. Country spends %5 of its GDP for education, which led the country’s literacy rate to reach %99.
- It is considered rude to cheer with beer and clink beer glasses.
- Hungary has 8 UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Did you know that Budapest is home to largest synagogue in Europe and second largest in the world?
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.