Zitango’s Croatia Specialists have designed a collection of Croatia vacations, each one showcasing the country’s natural beauty, fascinating history, and rich culture. Start by reviewing these sample itineraries for inspiration, and contact us to customize any of them for your perfect trip to Croatia.
Yacht Charters in Croatia
Browse our sample tours for itinerary ideas. Contact us for a trip customized to your exact preferences.
Croatia Travel GuideSome information and tips about Croatia
Top Things to See & Do in Croatia
There is plenty to add to your Croatia itinerary—from historical landmarks to breathtaking natural beauty and the most delicious food.
So come along with us as we discover Dubrovnik, explore the Plitvice Lakes National Park, and much more on our luxury Croatia tours.
VISIT DUBROVNIK, A UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITE
This well-preserved city offers plenty of opportunities for shopping, dining, and sightseeing on your Croatia tour. Stroll along the medieval city walls, explore the Rector’s Palace, and visit the Franciscan Monastery, which houses one of the oldest pharmacies in Europe.
TAKE A DAY TRIP TO MONTENEGRO
Just a short boat ride from Dubrovnik lies the UNESCO-listed town of Kotor, Montenegro. Wander the picturesque streets, visit one of the many museums or churches, and enjoy breathtaking views of the Adriatic Sea.
EXPLORE THE PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK
One of Croatia’s most popular tourist attractions, the Plitvice Lakes National Park is a must-see for nature lovers. Hike through the park to see a series of cascading waterfalls, turquoise lakes, and lush greenery.
SEE THE HISTORICAL CITY OF SPLIT
The city of Split is full of historical landmarks and sites, such as the Diocletian Palace, an ancient Roman palace that is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Today, the complex of buildings serves as a living history museum, with restaurants, shops, and apartments all housed within the ancient walls.
ENJOY THE WONDERS OF KRKA NATIONAL PARK
The Krka National Park is one of Croatia’s most popular tourist destinations, and it’s easy to see why. Home to waterfalls, hiking trails, and a 12th-century monastery, Krka National Park is another can’t-miss nature destination. Take a dip in the park’s refreshing waters, or explore one of the many caves and Cliffside paths.
GO ISLAND HOPPING IN THE ADRIATIC SEA
The Dalmatian Islands are a highlight of any trip to Croatia. With over 1,000 islands to choose from, you can spend days exploring the coastline, swimming in crystal-clear waters, and relaxing on secluded beaches.
WANDER ZAGREB’S UPPER TOWN
The capital city of Croatia, Zagreb, is home to a number of historical landmarks and cultural institutions. Start your exploration in the city’s Upper Town, where you’ll find the 13th-century St. Mark’s Church, the Museum of Broken Relationships, and more.
VISIT TRAKOSCAN CASTLE
Nestled in the Croatian countryside, Trakošćan Castle is a well-preserved example of medieval architecture. Explore the castle’s grounds, learn about its history, and take in views of the surrounding forest park.
Best Time to Visit Croatia
There is no wrong time for a Croatia trip, but each season brings its own advantages and disadvantages. From March to May and from September to November, you’ll enjoy mild weather and smaller crowds.
June through August is peak season, so expect higher prices and larger crowds. This is the best time to book a luxury tour of Croatia if you’re looking to take advantage of the country’s many outdoor activities.
December through February is the low season, so you can find great prices and less-crowded attractions. However, some attractions may be closed due to the weather.
Lightweights and beachwear (including sun protection) for summer. Medium weights for winter with heavy, warm clothing for inland areas. It is a good idea to pack waterproofs at any time of year.
Did you know?
- Want to get immersed in breathtaking nature? Croatia has eight national parks, eleven nature parks, and two nature reserves.
- Croatia is home to the smallest town in the world. The city called Hum has a population of only 17.
- Red Lake is the deepest sinkhole in Europe, and 3rd the largest in the world.
- Hey, Game of Thrones fans! The popular HBO series was filmed on the Dalmatian coast in Split and Dubrovnik. You can even visit some of the film sites. Make sure to ask our travel expert about taking a GOT tour!
- Istria, Croatia’s truffle capital, is home to some of the world’s finest truffles. According to the Guinness Book of Records, the largest white truffle in the world, weighing 1.31 kg (2 lb 8 oz), was found in Istria.
- Dalmatians are said to have originated in Croatia. The area is known as the Dalmatian coast, and the region has been known as “Dalmatia” since Imperial Roman times.
- Amphitheatre Istria in Pula is the only remaining Roman amphitheater in the world to have four side towers entirely preserved. It is also the 6th biggest amphitheater that exists, which was once home to Roman gladiator fights.
- Like the sunny weather? Croatians enjoy 2,715 hours of sunshine a year. This is even more than Sydney, Australia.
- Croatia is an excellent destination for foodies and wine enthusiasts. Wine production in Croatia is a tradition that dates back to Greek times, more than two thousand years ago.
8 Days , 3 Countries , 4 Cities
8 Days , 3 Countries , 6 Cities
8 Days , 5 Cities
13 Days , 10 Cities
10 Days , 2 Countries , 5 Cities
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.