7 Days , 3 Countries , 5 Cities
Immerse yourself in the vibrant Danish culture and indulge in the country’s world-renowned cuisine. From Michelin-starred restaurants to quaint cafes, our tours provide an unparalleled culinary experience. But it’s not just about the sights and tastes of Denmark. Our tours also offer unique and memorable experiences, such as private tours of historic castles, exclusive access to world-class museums, and once-in-a-lifetime adventures like kayaking through pristine fjords.
And with Zitango Travel, you can rest assured that your luxury vacation is in good hands. Our team of expert travel advisors will work with you to create a bespoke itinerary tailored to your individual preferences, ensuring that your trip is personalized and unforgettable. Don’t settle for a run-of-the-mill vacation. Elevate your travel experience with Zitango Travel’s luxury tours to Denmark. Contact us today to start planning your dream vacation.
Tailor-made Denmark Itineraries
Browse our sample tours for itinerary ideas. Contact us for a trip customized to your exact preferences.
Denmark Travel GuideSome information and tips about Denmark
Weather, Climate and Geography
The Danish climate is moderated by the warm Gulf Stream and is therefore milder than surrounding Scandinavian countries. Denmark has four distinct seasons. The spring months, April to May, are the mildest, while the summer months of June, July and August are the hottest. Autumn, from September to November, tends to be rainy and more overcast. Winter runs from December to March and is normally cold, with frost and snow.
Denmark lies in the North Temperate Zone and experiences an average temperature of 7 .7˚C (46˚F) . Statistically, February is the coldest month (mean 0.0˚C/32˚F) and August the warmest (mean 15.7˚C/ 60˚F).
The prevailing wind is westerly, which means that the west coast of Denmark receives more rainfall than the rest of the country. The annual rain falls in Denmark averages 61 cm (24 in) of precipitation.
The coastline surrounds Denmark, and people enjoy swimming in the sea as a popular pastime. The temperature of seawater around Denmark ranges between 17°C (63°F) to 22°C (72°F) from June to August. In August, this can rise to around 25˚C (77˚F).
The mainland peninsula called Jutland and over 400 scattered islands make up Denmark. The largest of Denmark’s islands, Zealand, is where you’ll find the capital city, Copenhagen. Denmark is part of Scandinavia and shares a similar geography with the south of Sweden, to which it is attached via the Oresund Bridge, and Germany, with which it shares a land border. The Kingdom of Denmark also includes the enormous, self-governing territory of Greenland, situated near North America and the autonomous territory of the Faroe Islands.
As Denmark borders the North Sea and the Baltic Sea, it means the weather often changes, so pack a jacket and a raincoat if you’re visiting in summer. Waterproof gear and extra layers are a must in autumn. Heavyweight for winter months and mediumweight is suitable for spring.
Did you know?
- In Denmark, people bike in all kinds of weather. With a total of 12,000 km (7,500 miles) of bike lanes, commuting is green, quick, and safe!
- Denmark has lots of islands. One of those islands is Greenland, the largest non-continental island on the planet.
- Denmark is reported to be the happiest country in the world
- Denmark has the oldest flag still in use (back in 1219).
- Education and healthcare are being paid for by taxes. So, you don’t have to be rich to get healthcare and good education.
- The sea is important to Danes. Since before the Vikings, Denmark has been a seafaring nation. In fact, no point in Denmark is further than 31 miles (50 km) from the sea.
- There are more bikes than cars in the city center of Copenhagen.
- In Danish language, there is no word for “please”.
- Denmark doesn’t have any mountains.
- Water in Denmark is clean enough to drink from the tap.
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.