- 5 Days , 2 Cities
Sample Tours in France
- 7 Days , 2 Cities
- 7 Days , 4 Cities
- 7 Days , 3 Cities
About FranceSome information and tips about France
In France tourism is a most important industry. France is the world’s main traveller destination. Not only is it located at the heart of western Europe, bordering on all the large nations in the place – Italy, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland and – across the straits of Dover – the UK; it also has Europe’s 2nd busiest airport – Paris Charles de Gaulle airport – and dozens extra airports with global connections.
As a country, France offers a fantastic historical heritage and probably the most varied herbal environment of any country in Europe. Its tourist sights illustrate the records of the human race, two from the prehistoric web sites of Cro Magnon to the metal and glass of the Futuroscope; they consist of satisfactory vestiges of all European civilizations, from the prehistoric megaliths of Carnac and the Roman remains of Provence, via medieval castles and cathedrals, to the splendors of Versailles, the nineteenth century Eiffel Tower, or the resolute modernity of the TGV.
In addition, France has the vital tourism infrastructure to cope with its reputation as main traveler destination – greater accommodations and campsites than any other us of a of Europe, likely extra gites or excursion cottages, the great and most cutting-edge rail network in Europe, and a satisfactory system of motorways linking all main towns and cities.
Weather, Climate and Geography
France stretches 1,000km (600mi) from north to south and the same from east to west, covering an area of 551,500km² (213,000mi²) which rises to 675,417km² (254,000mi.²) with overseas territories. It is the third largest country in Europe after Russia and Ukraine (second if you count the overseas included). Metropolitan France has four coastlines: The North Sea, English Channel, the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. The total length of its coastline reaches 3427 km. Except for its northeastern border, the country is bounded mainly by seas and oceans and natural borders: the Rhine and the Jura, Alps, Pyrénées mountains.
France has a temperate and pleasant climate. Continental France is divided into four distinct climatic areas: Oceanic climate (western France): average rainfall is spread over many days and modest annual temperature variations. Continental climate (central and eastern France): cold winters and hot summers. Mediterranean climate (south eastern France): warm and dry summers, rainfall from October to April (damp but mild weather), ample sunshine all year round. Mountain climate (above 600-800m altitudes): high rainfall, snows three to six months per year.
Light, breathable clothing for summer and waterproof winter gear for the mountains all year round. In winter, even the Mediterranean resorts often require a sweater or jacket for the cool evenings.
Did you know
- France is the world’s most popular tourist destination. France is the most visited country in the world, with a record-breaking 89,4 million visitors in 2019.
- The Louvre in Paris is the most visited and largest art museum in the world.
- The French invented tin cans, the hairdryer, and the hot air balloon
- The French Eat 25,000 Tons of Snails Each Year (The average French citizen eats 500 snails each year).
- France was the first country in the world to ban supermarkets from throwing away food
- It is illegal to throw out food in France. Supermarkets In France Can’t Throw Away Food.
- Europe’s highest mountain is Mont Blanc in the French Alps
- France produced the most expensive bottle of wine in the world; the bottle of 1945 Romanee-Conti at the price of $558,000!!!
- France is smaller than Texas.
- A traveler can visit the birthplace of Napoleon, which is located in Corsica, a beautiful French island, which is located in the Mediterranean Sea.
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
- Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
- We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
- Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
- Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.