Why Choose Zitango Travel for Your Luxury Greece Tour?
If you’re planning a luxury tour of Greece, you want to be sure that you’re getting the best possible experience. Zitango Travel is committed to providing you with an unforgettable luxury vacation experience that is tailored to your specific needs and desires. Here are just a few reasons why you should choose Zitango Travel for your luxury Greece tour:
- Personalized itineraries: Zitango Travel will work with you to create a customized itinerary that meets your specific needs and desires. You can choose from a variety of destinations, activities, and accommodations to create a unique luxury vacation experience.
- Expert guides: Zitango Travel’s expert guides are passionate about sharing their knowledge and love of Greece with you. They’ll take you to the best sites, hidden gems, and lesser-known areas that will leave you in awe.
- Luxury accommodations: Zitango Travel partners with some of the best luxury hotels and resorts in Greece. We ensure that your accommodations are as luxurious as your vacation experience.
What to Expect from Zitango Travel’s Luxury Greece Tours
Choosing Zitango Travel for your luxury Greece travel means a vacation experience that is like no other. Here are just a few things that you can expect from your luxury Greece tour with Zitango Travel:
- Beautiful landscapes: From the stunning beaches of the Greek islands to the rugged terrain of the mainland, Greece is home to some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. Zitango Travel’s luxury tours will take you to some of the best sites, providing you with breathtaking views that will leave you in awe.
- Rich culture and history: Greece is a country with a rich history and culture that has captivated people for centuries. With Zitango Travel, you’ll have the opportunity to explore ancient ruins, museums, and other cultural landmarks that showcase Greece’s fascinating history.
- Delicious cuisine: Greek cuisine is one of the most influential in the world. Greece has delicious cuisine, which is a perfect blend of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flavors. Zitango Travel’s luxury tours will take you to some of the best restaurants, allowing you to indulge in a culinary experience like no other.
What Destinations Can You Visit on Zitango Travel’s Luxury Greece Tours?
Zitango Travel’s luxury Greece tours offer a wide range of destinations to choose from. Here are just a few of the destinations that you can visit on your luxury Greece tour:
- Athens: As the capital of Greece, Athens is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Greek history and culture. From the Acropolis to the ancient Agora, there are plenty of sites to explore in this bustling city.
- Santorini: Santorini is one of the most popular destinations in Greece. Thanks to its stunning sunsets, white-washed buildings, and stunning caldera views.
- Crete: Crete is the largest of the Greek islands and is known for its stunning beaches, rugged terrain
Yacht Charters in Greece
Browse our sample tours for itinerary ideas. Contact us for a trip customized to your exact preferences.
Greece Travel GuideSome information and tips about Greece
Top Things to See & Do in Greece
There are few places in the world that can rival Greece in history, culture, and natural beauty. To give you a glimpse of what Greece has to offer, our Greece travel specialists have put together the best places to visit on a luxury tour of their beautiful country.
Many of our luxury tours of Greece begin in Athens, the most majestic capital of Greece.
Acropolis, the world-renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site, is at the top of the list of places to see in Athens. The Parthenon, the temple sitting atop the Acropolis hill, is its crown jewel.
Our luxury tours in Greece will allow you to visit the Parthenon and Acropolis with your licensed private guide, enriching your knowledge of ancient Greece.
After your private tour of the Acropolis, relax in one of the terrace bars of Athens, admiring the gorgeous city views while you sip on your aperitif of choice.
Discovery of Athens is incomplete without experiencing some local culinary delights. Indulge in delicious Greek food in the vibrant Plaka neighborhood right down the Acropolis hill or the upscale Kolonaki neighborhood.
Santorini is arguably the most popular of the Greek Islands, with its white-washed houses perched on dramatic cliffs and its stunning sunsets. This Greek isle is abundant with fresh local delicacies and unique beaches. The black sands of Kamari beach with rustic straw umbrellas will welcome sunbathers and swimmers. A Sunset cruise on the Caldera is a memorable experience.
One of the best ways to experience the island is by delving into its wine and food culture, and we’re happy to show you the way. Follow our guide through ancient pathways, stopping to sample sumptuous Souvlaki and taking part in olive oil and wine tastings along the way.
Known as the “island of the winds,” Mykonos offers wonderful luxury resorts and an extremely fun party scene. If you prefer to include Mykonos in your luxury tour to Greece, you will get to see the famous windmills and white-washed churches of Mykonos.
Stroll down the picturesque Matogianni Street and stop by Alefkandra for lunch. We even organize a wine tasting on the beach, so you can sip and sunbathe the day away.
Luxury Greece tours should be indulgent, so why not rent a private yacht if you feel so inclined?
Corfu is a beautiful island located in the Ionian Sea. The island is known for its beautiful beaches, such as Paleokastritsa and Agios Gordios, as well as its charming villages and historic sites.
Zakynthos, also known as Zante, is a beautiful island located in the Ionian Sea. The island is known for its stunning beaches, such as Navagio Beach and beautiful Blue Caves.
Crete is the largest Greek island and is known for its beautiful beaches, such as Elafonisi and Balos Beach. The island is also home to several historic sites, such as the Palace of Knossos.
OTHER GREEK ISLANDS
Santorini and Mykonos are the best-known Greek Islands, but Greece has thousands of islands to choose from, each with its own character. Explore some of the other islands in our Best Greek Islands to Visit blog post.
Our Greece Specialists will be happy to recommend the ones that are best for you, depending on what you want to experience during your trip to Greece.
Best Time to Visit Greece
The busiest and hottest months are July and August, so if you’re sensitive to high temperatures or don’t enjoy crowds, May, June, or September might be better options.
The weather is still ideal during these times with balmy Mediterranean air. The summers tend to be dry and hot, while the mild winters bring rain and cooler temperatures of around 50ºF.
Some venues, especially on the Greek Islands, are closed during winter due to a lack of tourists, so bear this in mind when planning your trip to Greece.
Lightweight clothes (cotton is best) during summer months, including protection from the midday sun and sunglasses. Light sweaters are needed for evenings, especially on the islands. Waterproofs are advised for spring and fall. Winter months can be quite cold, especially in the northern mainland, so normal winter wear will be required.
Did you know?
- Greece has over 5,000 islands, and Crete is the largest among all.
- Greece is the third biggest olive oil producer in the world.
- There are 18 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Greece, such as the Temple of Apollo and the Acropolis of Athens.
- According to ancient beliefs, blue doors in Greece keep away the evil spirit.
- Lunch is a bigger meal than dinner in Greece. Dinner is usually eaten after 9, and it is lighter.
- Greece is home to more archaeological museums than any other country in the world.
- Greek is one of the oldest languages still in use.
- There are ancient Greek temples in Greece. Travelers get to see the remains of ancient Greece with their own eyes.
- The national drink of Greece is ouzo, and if you want to say “Cheers”, you say “Stin Gia mas” or just “Gia mas”.
- Greece has many unique animals such as Cypriot Mouflon, Beech Marten, and Mediterranean Monk Seal.
Must-See Sights in Greece
Acropolis of Athens
The Acropolis of Athens is a must-see sight for anyone visiting Greece. Located in Athens, the Acropolis is home to several ancient ruins, including the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, and the Temple of Athena Nike. The Acropolis offers stunning views of Athens and is a great place to learn about ancient Greek history.
Delphi is another must-see sight in Greece. Located on the slopes of Mount Parnassus, Delphi was once considered the center of the world by ancient Greeks. Delphi is home to several ancient ruins, including the Temple of Apollo and the Theater.
Meteora is a unique sight in Greece. Located in central Greece, Meteora is home to several monasteries that are perched on top of towering rock formations. The monasteries were built by monks who wanted to escape the world and live a life of solitude.
Ancient Olympia is another must-see sight in Greece. Located in the Peloponnese, Ancient Olympia was the site of the first Olympic Games and is home to several ancient ruins, including the Temple of Zeus and the Stadium.
Palace of Knossos
The Palace of Knossos is located on Crete’s island and is considered one of Greece’s most important archaeological sites. The palace was built around 2000 BC and is believed to have been the center of the Minoan civilization.
Food and Drink in Greece
Greek cuisine is known for its fresh ingredients and bold flavors. Here are some of the must-try dishes and drinks in Greece:
Moussaka is a popular Greek dish made with layers of eggplant, ground meat, and béchamel sauce. It’s often served as a main course and is a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
Souvlaki is a popular Greek street food made with grilled meat (usually pork or chicken) and served on a skewer. It’s often served with pita bread and a side of tzatziki sauce.
Feta cheese is a staple in Greek cuisine and is often served as a side dish or in salads. It’s made from sheep’s milk and has a tangy, salty flavor.
Ouzo is a popular Greek liquor made from anise. It’s often served as an aperitif or with meze (small plates).
15 Days , 2 Countries , 6 Cities
15 Days , 2 Countries , 5 Cities
12 Days , 5 Cities
9 Days , 3 Cities
9 Days , 2 Countries , 5 Cities
8 Days , 5 Cities
14 Days , 4 Cities
15 Days , 7 Cities
12 Days , 8 Cities
12 Days , 4 Cities
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.