Zitango Greece Specialists have insider knowledge of the mainland as well as every Greek Island. With a Greece vacation package custom-designed just for you and all details from best luxury hotels to expert local guides arranged, your trip to Greece will be blissfully relaxing.
Yacht Charters in Greece
About GreeceSome information and tips about Greece
Top Things to See & Do in Greece
There are few places in the world that can rival Greece in history, culture, and natural beauty. To give you a glimpse of what Greece has to offer, our Greece travel specialists have put together the best places to visit on a luxury tour of their beautiful country.
Many of our luxury tours of Greece begin in Athens, the most majestic capital of Greece.
Acropolis, the world-renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site, is at the top of the list of places to see in Athens. The Parthenon, the temple sitting atop the Acropolis hill, is its crown jewel.
Our luxury tours in Greece will allow you to visit the Parthenon and Acropolis with your licensed private guide, enriching your knowledge of ancient Greece.
After your private tour of the Acropolis, relax in one of the terrace bars of Athens, admiring the gorgeous city views while you sip on your aperitif of choice.
Discovery of Athens is not complete without experiencing some of the local culinary delights. Indulge in delicious Greek food in the vibrant Plaka neighborhood right down the Acropolis hill or the upscale Kolonaki neighborhood.
Santorini is arguably the most popular of the Greek Islands, with its white-washed houses perched on dramatic cliffs and its stunning sunsets. This Greek isle is abundant with fresh local delicacies and unique beaches. The black sands of Kamari beach with rustic straw umbrellas will welcome sunbathers and swimmers. A Sunset cruise on the Caldera is a memorable experience.
One of the best ways to experience the island is by delving into its wine and food culture, and we’re happy to show you the way. Follow our guide through ancient pathways, stopping to sample sumptuous souvlaki and take part in olive oil and wine tastings along the way.
Known as the “island of the winds,” Mykonos offers wonderful luxury resorts and an extremely fun party scene. If you prefer to include Mykonos in your luxury tour to Greece, you will get to see the famous windmills and white-washed churches of Mykonos.
Stroll down the picturesque Matogianni Street and stop by Alefkandra for lunch. We even organize a wine-tasting on the beach, so you can sip and sunbathe the day away.
Luxury Greece tours should be indulgent, so why not rent a private yacht if you feel so inclined?
OTHER GREEK ISLANDS
Santorini and Mykonos are the best-known Greek Islands, but Greece has thousands of islands to choose from, each with its own character. Explore some of the other islands in our Best Greek Islands to Visit blog post.
Our Greece Specialists will be happy to recommend the ones that are best for you, depending on what you want to experience during your trip to Greece.
Best Time to Visit Greece
The busiest and hottest months are July and August, so if you’re sensitive to high temperatures or don’t enjoy crowds, May, June, or September might be better options.
The weather is still ideal during these times with balmy Mediterranean air. The summers tend to be dry and hot, while the mild winters bring rain and cooler temperatures of around 50ºF.
Some venues, especially on the Greek Islands, are closed during winter due to a lack of tourists, so bear this in mind when planning your trip to Greece.
Lightweight clothes (cotton is best) during summer months, including protection from the midday sun and sunglasses. Light sweaters are needed for evenings, especially on the islands. Waterproofs are advised for spring and fall. Winter months can be quite cold, especially in the northern mainland, so normal winter wear will be required.
Did you know?
- Greece has over 5,000 islands, and Crete is the largest among all.
- Greece is the third biggest olive oil producer in the world.
- There are 18 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Greece, such as the Temple of Apollo and the Acropolis of Athens.
- According to ancient beliefs, blue doors in Greece keep away the evil spirit.
- Lunch is a bigger meal than dinner in Greece. Dinner is usually eaten after 9, and it is lighter.
- Greece is home to more archaeological museums than any other country in the world.
- Greek is one of the oldest languages still in use.
- There are ancient Greek temples in Greece. Travelers get to see the remains of ancient Greece with their own eyes.
- The national drink of Greece is ouzo, and if you want to say “Cheers”, you say “Stin Gia mas” or just “Gia mas”.
- Greece has many unique animals such as Cypriot Mouflon, Beech Marten, and Mediterranean Monk Seal.
Blog Posts About Greece
- 12 Days , 5 Cities
- 9 Days , 4 Cities
- 9 Days , 2 Countries , 5 Cities
- 8 Days , 5 Cities
- 14 Days , 4 Cities
- 15 Days , 8 Cities
- 12 Days , 8 Cities
- 12 Days , 4 Cities
- 13 Days , 4 Cities
- 12 Days , 4 Cities
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
- Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
- We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
- Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
- Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.