Italy has plenty to offer. From incredible artwork in Florence to the azure waters of the Amalfi Coast, Zitango’s custom Italy tours will reveal the country in all its glory.
Yacht Charters in Italy
Top Destinations in Italy
- 9 Tours
- 4 Tours
- 16 Tours
About ItalySome information and tips about Italy
Top Things to See & Do in Italy
Italy is home to some of the world’s most diverse and beautiful landscapes. 58 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, picturesque medieval towns, crystal-clear Mediterranean waters, and world-famous cuisine all come together in this this small boot-shaped country
Italy’s importance in the art world cannot be overstated either, as it is renowned for its role in the Renaissance era. Today, the works of artists like Leonardo Da Vinci and Michelangelo are readily on display.
For the chance to see all that the country has to offer, Zitango’s Italy Specialists have compiled a list of the most popular places to visit on your luxury tour of Italy.
Ancient Romans referred to Rome as the “Eternal City” because they believed it would last forever. Roman history, monuments, ruins, archaeology, religious practices, art, and cuisine transport you back to the city’s golden age.
Go on a private tour of Italy’s Roman treasures, from the Colosseum to the Pantheon, to explore what life was like in Roman society.
Visit the Vatican and explore the historic heart of Christendom. Admire Michelangelo’s magnificent Renaissance frescoes as you make your way around the Sistine Chapel.
At the Trevi Fountain, post your instagram picture and toss a coin with your right arm over your left shoulder to ensure your return to the Eternal City.
Mark Twain once said, “The Creator made Italy from the design of Michelangelo.” This is not surprising as Florence is the home of the Renaissance’s most influential thinkers.
Brimming with art and culture, Florence is a great place for art lovers. See the world-famous David of Michelangelo and visit the Uffizi Gallery to view some of the world’s finest works on a luxury trip to Italy.
Venice is a beloved luxury Italy vacation spot among both dreamers and romantics alike.
Head to St Mark’s Square, explore the neighboring Doge’s Palace, and listen to the stories of the unfortunate Venetians who crossed the Bridge of Sighs.
Glide through the canals of Venice on a gondola while you marvel at the palazzi and cathedrals that line its banks.
A visit to Venice is never complete without a cruise around its lagoon to see the beautiful islands of Murano and Burano.
Approximately 5 million tourists visit this scenic 34-mile coast each year to enjoy its beautiful beaches, culture, and cuisine.
Take a scenic drive along the Amalfi Coast towards the picturesque small town of Positano perched on its cliffs.
Or, escape the crowds by visiting the charming Ravello. Stroll the alleyways and admire the architecture and piazzas.
Explore the tastes and scents of the Amalfi Coast on a culinary tour. Learn how to prepare some of the typical dishes with locals. Visit centuries-old vineyards and witness the production of Tramonti red and white wines in a wine-tasting tour.
These may be the most popular places to visit, but Italy has so much more to offer. Each of its 20 regions from Lombardy to Sicily is worth a trip. Zitango Italy Specialists, who are based in Italy, can advise you on the best itinerary according to your interests and preferences, for your first, second or maybe third unforgettable Italy vacation.
Weather and Climate
The climate varies considerably from the north to the south of Italy. In the north of the country, the climate is harsh, with bitterly cold winters and very hot, particularly humid summers. In central Italy the climate is milder, with a smaller difference in temperature between summer and winter and a shorter and less intense cold season than in the north. Summers are also longer. In southern Italy and the islands winters are never particularly harsh; spring and fall temperatures are pleasantly warm; and dry summer days can reach as high as 104ºF.
Best Time to Visit Italy
May through August is peak season for vacations in Italy. Alternatively, March, April, and September to November are cooler and less crowded. These times have lovely, mild weather perfect for sightseeing.
Did you know?
- Christopher Columbus, Marco Polo, Amerigo Vespucci, Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo are Italian.
- Italy has more hotel rooms than any other nation in Europe.
- The piano hails from Italy.
- Italy has the most UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world.
- Ice cream and ice cream cone are Italian inventions. Italian ice cream is called ‘gelato’
- Italians invented pizza in Naples.
- Italians have eaten pasta since the 4th century B.C.
- Fourteen billion espressos are consumed in Italy each year, and annual coffee consumption per household is 81,5 pounds (37 kg.)
- Vatican City and San Marino are the two microstates of Italy.
- Tourists throw $1 Million into the Trevi Fountain in Rome each year.
- The Sistine Chapel has over 20,000 visitors each day.
- Italy is the world’s largest wine producer.
- Italy is the fifth most visited country in the world, with a record-breaking 62,1 million visitors in 2019.
- All three of Europe’s active volcanoes are in Italy; Mt. Etna in Sicily, Mt. Vesuvius in Naples, and Mt. Stromboli on Stromboli Island.
- In Italy, you find over 1,500 lakes like Lake Garda, Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, and Lake Massaciuccoli, which locals call lake Puccini.
- Number 17 is bad luck for Italians.
- The University of Bologna is the oldest operating and most prestigious university in Europe, founded in 1088.
- Batteries, eyeglasses, and thermometers were invented in Italy.
- Banca Monte Dei Paschi di Siena, founded in 1472, is the oldest surviving bank in the world.
- The Adventures of Pinocchio was first published in one Italian newspaper, and Carlo Collodi created the first wooden toy in 1880.
- Italy has the oldest population and one of the lowest birth rates in Europe.
- Italy has the widest variety of cheeses, with over 2500 traditional varieties. Five hundred are commercially recognized, and 300 already have a Protected Designation of Origin.
- 10 Days , 2 Countries , 6 Cities
- 13 Days , 6 Cities
- 13 Days , 9 Cities
- 9 Days , 6 Cities
- 10 Days , 2 Countries , 8 Cities
- 8 Days , 3 Cities
- 9 Days , 7 Cities
- 8 Days , 5 Cities
- 8 Days , 6 Cities
- 13 Days , 2 Countries , 10 Cities
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
- Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
- We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
- Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
- Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.