- 9 Days , 5 Cities
With an unforgettable culture, friendly locals, impressive landmarks, and delicious food, Morocco is a country that you can easily fall in love with.
Our Zitango Morocco Specialists have the best insider knowledge about this beautiful country, so you can have peace of mind as we offer only the best Morocco tours. With a customized itinerary, luxurious accommodation, and an expert guide, you can be assured that your trip to Morocco will be a memorable one.
Sample Tours in Morocco
Browse our sample tours for itinerary ideas. Contact us for a trip customized to your exact preferences.
- 15 Days , 9 Cities
- 8 Days , 2 Cities
- 12 Days , 8 Cities
- 10 Days , 6 Cities
- 8 Days , 4 Cities
- 14 Days , 9 Cities
- 10 Days , 8 Cities
About MoroccoSome information and tips about Morocco
Top Things to See & Do in Morocco
Morocco is a land that is both familiar and exotic. A place where the ancient world intersects with the modern, it’s a destination that has something for everyone. Whether you’re interested in vibrant cities, exotic desert camping, or relaxing on palm-fringed beaches, there’s no shortage of things to see and do in Morocco. With its rich culture and centuries-old architecture, this North African country is sure to delight even the most discerning traveler.
Here are some of the top activities that you can look forward to in Morocco:
GET HAPPILY LOST IN MARRAKESH
Marrakesh, the “Red City”, is one of the most alluring destinations in Morocco. A former imperial city, it is now a popular tourist destination.
Here you can spend a few days strolling through its bustling souks, visiting the Jardin Majorelle, or exploring some of its wonderful sites, like the Bahia Palace and Ben Youssef Madrassa.
ESCAPE IT ALL IN A MOROCCAN DESERT TOUR
Imagine sleeping under the starry night of the Moroccan desert and waking up to the views of the exotic landscape stretching out before you. Imagine feeling the warm sun on your face and hearing nothing but the sound of silence.
This is what awaits you when you go luxury camping in the Southern Moroccan Desert. With exclusive campsites and experienced guides, this is a once-in-a-lifetime experience not to be missed.
Whether you’re seeking adventure or simply want to escape for a while, this is an unforgettable way to enjoy the beauty and mystery of the Moroccan Desert.
EXPLORE BEAUTIFUL RABAT
Morocco’s bustling capital, Rabat, is located at the mouth of the Bouregreg River. It’s home to some of Morocco’s most important monuments, including the Hassan Tower, Royal Palace, and Kasbah de Quidas.
You can easily spend your days exploring the countless landmarks that beautifully reflect the city’s Islamic and French-colonial heritage.
SHOP AROUND THE MEDINA IN FES
Traveling to Fes feels like going back in time. In the Medina of Fes, it’s almost like time has stopped centuries ago.
With its winding alleyways and centuries-old mosques, Fes is a living museum where you can experience real, down-to-earth Moroccan life firsthand.
If you’re looking to do some shopping for authentic Moroccan souvenirs, you’ll find an abundance of artisanal shops selling traditional copperware, leather items, the iconic blue and white Fassi ceramics, and much more in the Medina.
Casablanca is a city that needs no introduction. This gorgeous port city is renowned for its unique blend of cultures. All throughout the city, you’ll see a unique and colorful mix of French and Moresque architecture styles.
Whether you choose to explore inside the incredible Hassan II Mosque, take a stroll along the seaside Corniche Road, or shop in the Souq Haboos, you’ll love everything about this wonderful city.
EXPERIENCE MOROCCAN HOSPITALITY IN A RIAD
A Riad is a traditional Moroccan estate with all living quarters constructed around a central courtyard. Many of the large, sumptuous ones have been turned into luxury boutique hotels.
Usually nestled within the ancient walls of the city’s Medina, these exquisitely appointed residences offer guests a true taste of Moroccan culture and hospitality.
From tastefully decorated suites and delicious dinners in the lush courtyard to luxurious amenities and personal service, a stay in a Riad is an unforgettable experience.
RELAX AT A TRADITIONAL MOROCCAN SPA
The Hammam, the traditional spa bath, has always played an important role in Moroccan culture. Thus, for many people, a trip to Morocco is not complete without a visit to a traditional Moroccan spa. Here you can relax and indulge your senses with a traditional soak or scrub, among other treatments.
Best Time to Visit Morocco
Morocco is a year-round destination, with each season offering different vibes. But the best time to visit is in the fall (September – November) and spring (March – April).
This is when temperatures are moderate (usually around 77°F), and the major cities are less crowded.
Did you know?
- Tourism is a big deal in Morocco. More than 10 million visitors visit Morocco annually.
- Mint tea is the national drink of Morocco. Mint tea is served with almost every meal.
- The Kingdom of Morocco is also known as the Land of the Berbers, because roughly 40% of the population are, well, Berbers.
- Morocco is home to the highest ski resort in Africa. Oukaimeden is at elevations of 8500 to 10,500 feet in the Atlas Mountains.
- Morocco is only 9 miles from Europe. Spain and Morocco are separated by the Strait of Gibraltar, which is the narrowest point, is only 9 miles wide.
- Morocco is home to the largest hot desert in the world. Sahara Desert spans more than 3.3 million square miles and stretches across 11 north African countries, including Morocco.
- The national costume of Morocco is called a “djellaba”.
- For romantics visiting Morocco, be aware that, for them, the heart is not the ultimate symbol of love; it is the liver!
- A popular oil, found in luxury cosmetics and hair care products, Argan oil, comes from a tree native to Morocco.
- Stray cats are everywhere in Morocco.
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
- Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
- We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
- Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
- Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.