Effective Date: Apr 01, 2020
At Zitango, we take protecting your customer information seriously.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information — personal information and anonymous information — and we may use personal and anonymous information to create a third type of information, aggregate information. We collect the following categories of information:
– The registration information you provide when you create an account, including your first name and last name, country of residence, gender, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and password. We periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it longer than it is needed.
– Your personal information will be used by our travel services team, whether on our sites or through our agents, group leaders, our call centers, or direct mail – including your postal address, telephone number, and payment information.
– Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications.
– Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
– Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account.
– Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
– A usage, viewing, and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites; use our applications on third-party sites, or platforms or open emails we send.
– Telephone calls that you make to our call center may be monitored or recorded; this will assist in training our staff and improving our service to you.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Zitango team may have access to your information when they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
– To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you
– To secure payment and provide you with the products and services you request.
– Information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
– Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications.
– Improving the quality and design of the Site and Services to create new features,
promotions, functionality, and Services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends
– Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations.
– Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
– To market or sell Zitango products to you or to offer you other travel-related products that they feel may
be of interest to you and, consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you
– Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Taking a photo or video is something many people love to do, especially as a way to capture special moments. This is likely to be the reason why you may be included in visual media taken on your trip. On occasion, visual media captured by Zitango group leaders and employees are so good our studio team may wish to use them in our brochures or on our website for promotional purposes. There may also be a professional photographer scheduled on your trip for the purpose of taking promotional images. In these cases, a consent and waiver form will be provided to you.
A cookie is a small text file that is added to your computer’s hard drive whenever you visit or navigate a website. Cookies can serve many functions across the web; most commonly cookies are used to analyze web traffic and web applications.
We use Google Analytics tracking cookies to identify which pages are most popular on our website and which content is most engaging to our travelers. These cookies have a very short retention rate and will automatically be removed from your hard drive after this period.
The cookies we use help us provide you with a better website experience and a more enriching experience with Zitango. A cookie does not give us access to your hard drive or any personally identifiable information about you. If you wish, you can automatically decline cookies within the privacy settings of your chosen web browser.
CHANGE COOKIES SETTINGS
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
TOUR REQUEST & PLAN
Zitango Site is a B2C (business-to-consumer) website that facilitates communication between the member travelers and travel companies. A traveler submits the information through the inquiry form and requests a tour plan is interested to purchase, and the travel company submits a proposal to such a traveler Site (My Trip). Only travel companies can see the username of the Traveler associated with such tour request, and the Site users. Your username is exposed on the Zitango Site to other Site users when you send messages through this site or post the feedback or upload photos.
From time to time, we review and renew our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Your details are communicated in a secure encrypted format. All sensitive data, such as credit card information, is transmitted using the latest SSL (secure socket layer) technology by Zitango Site using the “Premium Wildcard SSL Secure Website” which ensures that any communication between your computer and Zitango is unreadable by anyone else. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Zitango will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the member traveler and, will take steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate and complete.
Zitango makes available to the Members on the website the content was taken from the third-party (Travel Company). Zitango has no editorial control of these contents and does not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in the contents given by the third-party for the website.
Zitango does not rent, sell or share the personal information we hold with any 3rd party organizations for the purposes of marketing products or services. Your data is never given to advertisers.
It is necessary for Zitango to share your information with our travel company services, service providers and suppliers in order to fulfill our business obligations as a tour operator, as outlined above.