- 11 Days , 2 Countries , 4 Cities
Get inspiration from our sample Wine Tours in Switzerland below, and remember that each can be customized according to your preferences to custom-design your perfect vacation.
Sample Wine Tours in Switzerland
About SwitzerlandSome information and tips about Switzerland
Weather and Climate
The climate is moderate with no excessive heat, cold or humidity. Depending on the altitude the temperature range may vary. It is highly recommended to visitors to pack a sweater, good walking shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses, a compact umbrella and/or a light raincoat.
The seasons are clearly distinguishable. In spring (March to May) the trees blossom and the meadows turn green. Sometimes in April the winter returns for a short period and sometimes there are summer conditions as early as May. In autumn (September to November), the fruit ripens and the leaves of deciduous trees change color. The winters were formerly generally cold and snowy, but now freezing temperatures and snow are no longer the rule, especially in the lowlands. Nowadays, many ski resorts could hardly survive without artificial snow.
From July to August the daytime temperature range is 65° – 82° F and from January to February the range is -28° – 45° F. In spring and autumn, the daytime temperature range is 46° – 59° F.
Some Swiss mountains are very well known, such as the Matterhorn and the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. But that is just a tiny selection of a sheerly inexhaustible list of peaks and cliffs that you can climb here. Or at least admire from a distance.
The numerous lakes don’t just shape the landscape, but also daily life in Switzerland. You can enjoy a relaxing dip in our biggest lakes, as well as in smaller mountain lakes, ponds and reservoirs. Or at least chill out on their shores.
Switzerland’s most famous rivers are undoubtedly the Rhine and the Rhône, but the country also boasts numerous other rivers, which flow through enchanting villages and towns. What’s more, they are so clean that swimming is very popular in many places.
Their compact size means that Swiss cities embody quality of life and urban flair. You’ll find well-preserved historical centres, modern architectural masterpieces and a vast number of green spaces – all within easy reach.
Hardly any other country can boast of uniting so many different regions over such a small area. In some places it feels as if you are in southern climes, while elsewhere lush plants, rugged mountains, cultural highlights and much more await.
In winter, pack warm clothes and rainwear. Those planning on hiking in the Alps should remember hiking boots, waterproof layers, hats and coats. Lightweight jackets and clothes are recommended for summer; though still do bring an umbrella in case Switzerland’s varied weather strikes.
Did you know?
- Switzerland has one of the highest rates of gun ownership. Almost half of its population possesses guns. However, that does not necessarily have to lead to more crime; Switzerland has nearly half the gun-related deaths the United States has.
- Approximately one third of the population is foreigner in Switzerland.
- Swiss consume chocolates more than any other nation in the world.
- Switzerland is luxury watch manufacturer country. Half of the luxury watch is being produced in Switzerland. Rolex, TAG Heuer, Patek Philippe and Longines are Swiss brands.
- Switzerland a place for adventurous visitors. It is home to 208 Mountains and the highest peaks in Europe. If you are into hiking, there plenty of hiking adventures in Switzerland.
- Love cheese? You right in the region! Switzerland has more than 450 varieties of cheese.
- When it comes to drinking wine, Swiss consume their own wines.
- Nescafe, which is the world’s first instant coffee, was invented in 1938 in Switzerland.
- Switzerland is one of the world leaders in recycling and waste management.
- The longest tunnel on earth is in Switzerland. Gotthard tunnel is incredibly 35.5 miles in length.
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
- Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
- We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
- Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
- Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.