- 7 Days , 3 Countries , 5 Cities
Rovaniemi - Kilpisjärvi - Tromso
- DAY 1 Santa Claus - Rovaniemi, Finland
Welcome to Rovaniemi, Finland
Arrival in Rovaniemi, the Capital of Lapland! Private transfer to Rovaniemi city center and check-in at your hotel. Lapland is the perfect place to relax and, at the same time, exciting live moments by trying out various activities such as snowmobiling, reindeer safaris, or dog sledding. A stay in Lapland will remain engraved in your memories for a long time. Located on the Arctic Circle, this small town is perfect for a holiday alone or with a family and offers visitors a wide range of first-class services.
You start your Lapland visiting the Santa Claus Village on the Arctic Circle. Explore the village and meet the local star, Santa Claus, in his official home. Wander around the various souvenir shops and enjoy the magic atmosphere in the town. It is free to have a personal meeting with Santa, and you have the opportunity to buy a photo of this memorable encounter. You can also go to Santa’s post office to send a letter to yourself or a loved one with the official stamp of Santa.
Overnight at Arctic City Hotel Rovaniemi.
- DAY 2 Dogs are pulling sled in Rovaniemi, Finland
Rovaniemi - Husky Safari with Friendly Dogs
Today after breakfast at the hotel, we start Husky Safari: Wintertime safari with husky teams. After a short drive from town, we will arrive at a husky ranch where these friendly dogs will bark an enthusiastic welcome to you. Before departing on the safari, you will take instructions on how to control the sleds. Enjoy some hot berry juice by an open fire and chat with the head musher about these amazing northern animals once you return to the ranch.
During this fun safari, you’ll learn how to snowmobile along frozen rivers and through forests covered with snow. Enjoy the beautiful views of the river valley from the hilltops. A break with hot beverages will keep your motor running. In the afternoon, you start to feel the best way to get to the heart of nature – and back.
Overnight in Rovaniemi.
- DAY 3 Glass Igloo, Finland
Glass Igloo - Admire the Scenic Roads along with the Arctic Tundra
Today you will transfer (shared bus service) to Kilpisjärviand (263 miles – 424 km) to experience the most authentic Lapland, away from the mass tourism locations, where nature reigns supreme.
At noon, jump on board the connecting bus from Rovaniemi city center. The bus will drive you through scenic roads along with the Arctic Tundra. After many short stops on the way, you will arrive in Kilpisjärvi late afternoon and check in into your Glass Igloo. Staying in a Glass Igloo, it’s a real-life experience where you will have the chance to stare at the sky and take in the shades of the arctic lights all night long while relaxing in the comfort and privacy of your bed. With a bit of luck and a clear sky, the Aurora Borealis will dance in the sky just above your igloo.
Dinner and overnight in Arctic Glass Igloo.
- DAY 4 Reindeer Herder, Finland
Live a Moment in the Life of a Sámi Reindeer Herder
This morning you will live a moment in the life of a Sámi reindeer herder. The tour takes you to the frozen tundra of the Käsivarsi Wilderness Area, where a local reindeer herder spends his days tending to his flock. Their location is unknown to all but the herder himself, but thanks to modern technology, your driver-guide can pinpoint their whereabouts -and off you go, on a unique journey to the empire of reindeer. You’ll be comfortably seated in the passenger sled while your guide drives the vehicle, allowing you to admire the magnificence of the nature surrounding you. Upon meeting the herder, you’ll be surrounded by his reindeer –dozens, even hundreds. Curious by nature, the reindeer tend to come up close, close enough so you can feed them and compact sufficient for outstanding photo opportunities. After a lunch break, you will also experience the traditional Ice Fishing. In the evening, it is time to jump again onboard your connecting bus for crossing the borders with Norway, reaching Tromsø.
Overnight in Tromsø.
- DAY 5 Northern Lights, Tromso, Norway
Tromso - Enjoy a Northern Lights Chase
Located at 69 degrees north -Tromsø is (198 miles – 320 km) above the Arctic Circle. Visitors are amazed when they discover that this city has hotels with international standards, lively cafes, world-class seafood restaurants, an active cultural life, an exciting nightlife, a spectacular Arctic Cathedral, museums, and captivating art galleries.
You will have a chance to enjoy your day by walking around Tromsø and visiting museums. In the evening, you will set off by bus from Tromsø to chase the Northern Lights, where your head depends on the latest aurora and weather forecasts. You will enjoy a northern lights chase already included in your package in the evening. The experienced guides will find the best photo stop with excellent conditions and scenic backdrops. Of course, there is no guarantee the lights will come out and dance for you as these are natural phenomena, but we promise you that the guides will use their experience to maximize your chance of a successful chase.
Overnight at Tromso.
- DAY 6
Depart to Tromso Airport for Home
Today is the final in your journey. After breakfast in the hotel, private transfer to Tromsø Airport for a home flight.
Time to say goodbye.
Starting from $1,740 per person
Price per person in double occupancy
The rate is based on 4-star accommodation
Price excluding international flights
This trip is customizable for your private travel.
Please inquire to request a quote for your custom trip!
Request a quote for a trip fully customized to your preferences.
- 5 nights stay in a 4-star accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis
2 Nights in Rovaniemi,
1 night in a Glass Igloo
2 Nights in Tromso
- Transfer from Rovaniemi-Kilpisjärvi with shared bus, and Kilpisjärvi-Tromsø with shared bus.
- Meals: Two breakfasts at Arctic City Hotel Rovaniemi, dinner at Glass Igloo ranch, breakfast at Glass Igloo ranch, lunch at Glass Igloo ranch, two breakfasts at Hotel Clarion The Edge or similar.
- Activities: Reindeer & Ice Fishing Experience, Northern Lights Chase.
Sightseeing Highlights Included
- Rovaniemi – the Capital of Lapland! Explore the Santa Claus Village, located on the Arctic Circle.
- Husky Safari – Depart on the safari with the friendly dogs at the husky ranch.
- Fun Safari – Learn how to snowmobile along frozen rivers and through snow-covered forests.
- Lapland – Experience the most authentic Lapland, away from the mass tourism locations, where nature reigns supreme.
- Kilpisjärvi – Staying in a Glass Igloo, where you will have the chance to stare at the sky and take on the arctic lights shades all night long.
- Käsivarsi Wilderness Area – Live a moment in the life of a Sámi reindeer herder. The tour takes you to the frozen tundra, where a local reindeer herder spends his days tending to his flock.
- Käsivarsi Wilderness Area – Experience also the traditional Ice Fishing.
- Tromso – Enjoy the northern lights in the evening. (Depends on the latest aurora and weather forecasts)
- 7 Days , 5 Cities
- 10 Days , 4 Countries , 8 Cities