- 8 Days , 3 Countries , 4 Cities
- DAY 1
Welcome to Podgorica, Montenegro
Welcome to the Podgorica. Meet with your English-speaking driver and transfer to your accommodating hotel upon arrival. Spend the day on a leisure day to relax and rest after your overseas flight.
- DAY 2
Kolasin - Visit to the monastery in Moraca
After breakfast, departure to Moraca for a visit to the monastery located in the canyon of the Moraca river. The Monastery of Morača is a Serbian Orthodox monastery situated in the center of Montenegro. It was founded in 1252 by Stefan, the son of Vukan Nemanjić, king of Zeta, and grandson of Stefan Nemanja. This 13th-century monastery is installed on a spectacular site in the heart of the river gorges. This place is famous for its frescoes, treasure, and library. Continue to the mountainous foothills of Bjelasica, which culminate at more than 2,100 m above sea level, in the direction of Kolasin. This city was part of the medieval Serbian empire, then was invaded by Catholic Albanians and became, under Turkish occupation, an Ottoman outpost. Today, it is an invigorating mountain resort at the heart of large refreshing natural spaces and is appreciated in summer and winter.
- DAY 3
Budva – Explore the Durmitor National Park and Ostrog monastery
After breakfast. Departure to Durmitor, direction Zablak. Excursion inside the Durmitor National Park, protected by UNESCO for the beauty of its landscape, with glacial lakes, pristine places, snow-capped peaks, and virgin forest. Road to Ostrog. Arrive at the Ostrog monastery, which has had a turbulent history due to the frequent attacks by the Turks. This impressive monastery is carved into the rock for lovers of mysticism and esotericism. After the visit, continue to Budva.
Overnight in Budva.
- DAY 4
Budva - City tour and visit the Cetinje city museum
Today, you start to visit Budva, located on a small island. The small town is connected to the mainland by a strip of sand that has become a peninsula. Leave for the Cetinje city museum: visit the ancient capital (Malo Guvno square, monastery, princely palace). Continue to Njegushi. Within the Lovćen National Park is a historically important village named Njeguši, the birthplace of Montenegro Royal Dynasty Petrović. Return to Budva.
Overnight in Budva.
- DAY 5
Budva – Admire the old coastal famous town, Kotor
Today, depart for the famous Bay of Kotor, a deep Mediterranean fjord extending 30 km from the coast. Arrive in the old coastal town of Kotor, which retains a beautiful historic center where there are more than 30 churches from different eras. Boat trip from Perast to the two islands of San Jorge (Benedictine Abbey) and Gaspo or Skrpjela. Continuing to Risan, an Ilirian IV century before the new era settlement named Rhizome. It was the capital of the entire Bokocotorian Gulf, which even carried its name – “Sinus Rhizonicus.” Back to Budva.
Overnight in Budva.
- DAY 6
Budva – Admire the island of S. Stefan and stop at Ulcinj city, where jailed the glorious Cervantes
Drive to the west coast of Montenegro. Stop to admire the island of S. Stefan. The Old Town of Bar is located at the bottom of Rumija Mountain, on a cliff unapproachable by three sides. It originates from the era when Slavs first came to the Balkan Peninsula. In the Old Town, besides bars and gift shops, you will have an opportunity to visit: St.Jovan’s church, the customs office with museum setting, the Turkish Bathroom, the Clock-Tower (from 1753), the Citadel (the 18th-century aqueduct), and many other cultural and historical monuments. Road to Ulcinj is situated at the very south of the Mediterranean coast and has the exact longitude as Barcelona and Rome. In the famous pirate resort where jailed the glorious Cervantes, you will have an opportunity to visit the Old Town and a complex of museums (church transformed into a museum with archaeological artifacts), the Ethnology museum, with a rich collection of displays, the foundation of St. Maria/St. Marco church, the Venetian mansion, the castle of Balsic royalty. The road is back to Budva.
Overnight in Budva.
- DAY 7
Podgorica – Visit by boat the largest lake of Balkans, Skadar
Departure for Skadar Lake – located between Montenegro and Albania, Skadar Lake (Skadar), the largest lake in the Balkans, is a beautiful ornithological reserve to visit by boat. The lake, a national park in the Montenegrin area, can be considered an authentic sanctuary of biodiversity (biodiversity of species) as there are around 842 species of algae, 50 species of fish, and 270 species of birds. Some of them which are very rare such as the curly pelican, the pygmy cormorant, and the whiskered tern. Some lake fish species are indigenous and therefore protected by the Bern convention. Before arriving at Skadar Lake, we make one stop at Virpazar, a small fisherman village located between the shores of Skadar Lake and the capital of Montenegro, Podgorica.
Overnight in Podgorica.
- DAY 8
Podgorica - Tour of the capital of Montenegro
In the morning, visit the capital of Montenegro, a city of Roman origin and subsequently an important center of the homonymous principality until 1400. Visit the old town with some buildings dating back to the Ottoman period, including the clock tower (18th century), the old bridge over the Ribnica (15th century), and the scarce remains of the fortress located at the confluence of Ribnica and Morača (15th century), then the modern Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ, the main religious building in the city, built-in 1993 and the Church of St. George (Crkva Svetog Đorđa), a small 16th-century church on the wooded slopes of the Gorica hill, just north of the center.
- DAY 9
After breakfast, free and relax in your leisure until our driver picks up and then transfers you to the airport for the departure flight back home.
It’s time to say goodbye. We want to thank you for traveling with us and warmly welcome you to come again in the future!
Starting from $2,660 per person
Price per person in double occupancy
The rate is based on 4-star accommodation
Price excluding international flights
This trip is customizable for your private travel.
Please inquire to request a quote for your custom trip!
Request a quote for a trip fully customized to your preferences.
- 8 nights of hotel accommodation
1 night in Podgorica
1 night in Kolasin
4 nights in Budva
2 nights in Podgorica
- Local English-speaking driver (up to 7 people)
- 7 Breakfast, 6 Lunch, 6 Dinner is included
- All entrance fees and sightseeing as mentioned in the program
- Airport transfers and tours in AC vehicle
- 24/7 support service during your trip
Sightseeing Highlights Included
- Visit the monastery located in the canyon of the Moraca river, which is a Serbian Orthodox monastery
- Explore the city of Kolasin, which was part of the medieval Serbian Empire and Ottoman Empire
- Discover the Durmitor National Park, which UNESCO protects
- Visit the Ostrog monastery for lovers of mysticism and esotericism, this impressive monastery carved into the rock
- Discover Buda City, which is located on a small island connected to the mainland
- Visit the Cetinje city museum, the ancient capital: Malo Guvno square, the monastery, the princely palace
- Enjoy the Lovćen National Park is a historically important village named Njeguši, which is the birthplace of Montenegro Royal Dynasty Petrović
- Discover the old coastal town of Kotor, which retains a beautiful historic center
- Take a boat trip from Perast to the two islands of San Jorge (Benedictine Abbey) and Gaspo or Skrpjela
- Admire the island of S. Stefan
- Visit the Old Town of Bar: St.Jovan’s church, the Turkish Bathroom, the Clock-Tower (from 1753), the Citadel (the 18th-century aqueduct), and many other cultural and historical monuments
- In the Ulcinj city, In the famous pirate resort where is jailed the glorious Cervantes, you will have an opportunity to visit the Old Town and a complex of museums, the Ethnology museum, the foundation of St. Maria/St. Marco church, the Venetian mansion, the castle of Baltic Royalty
- Admire the Skadar Lake – located between Montenegro and Albania, which is the largest lake in the Balkans, it is a beautiful ornithological reserve to visit by boat.
- Visit the capital of Montenegro, Podgorica, a city of Roman origin and subsequently an important center of the homonymous principality until 1400
- 21 Days , 3 Countries , 9 Cities