12 Days , 5 Cities
Welcome to Bogotá, Colombia!
Arrival in Bogotá. Transfer to the most exclusive neighborhood Quinta Camacho for an overnight.
Bogota - Explore the City
Today´s excursion will lead you up to the 300 meters (1000 ft.) high Monserrat mountain by cable-car to get an impressive overview of the city. Continue to walk through the colonial historical center La Candelaria and visit the famous Gold Museum with its worldwide important collection of pre-Columbian artwork. At least you will visit the underground salt cathedral in Zapaquirá.
Armenia - Bogotá to The Colombian Coffee Region
Flight to Armenia, located in the Colombian coffee region, and transfer to our unique hotel. Its eight spacious and comfortable rooms are situated on the first floor with a pool or garden view. Discover the plantations of cacao, banana and mandarin trees belonging to the hacienda and the nearby bamboo forest with many exotic birds.
Armenia - Learn About Colombian Coffee from the Experts
Far away from typical coffee tours, you will visit today the Andean village of Pijao. Together with a sociologist and local coffee experts, you will immerse into the life of a coffee planter: walk-through the plantation and listen to the explanations about growing the Colombian coffee, the life and culture of a breeder. After having lunch together you will return to the hacienda.
Salento - Discover this small town
Transfer to the small town of Salento. Its narrow streets, picturesque balconies and shops are waiting to welcome you. In typical Jeep Willy´s you will drive to the Cocora valley, the principal location of Colombia’s national tree, the Quindío wax palm. After a delightful refreshing Canelazo (cocktail) you will do some hiking in the cloud forest and explore nature with a huge variety of birds. Plant a wax palm to support the replanting project. Transfer back to the hacienda.
Welcome to Quito, Ecuador!
Transfer to the airport and flight to Quito in Ecuador. The scenic city with its picturesque, colonial center (UNESCO World Heritage) is surrounded by snowcapped volcanoes. Overnight at our hotel, a former colonial house in the heart of the city.
Quito - Discover the City and Taste High-Grade Chocolate
Take a tour of Quito´s most famous sights including the historical center and the oldest street “La Ronda”. Here you will become familiar with the production of high-grade chocolate and of course, you will taste its delicious result. Continue to visit the equatorial monument, Mitad del
Mundo“ and the National Museum with archeological pieces and colonial, modern, and contemporary art.
Mindo - Taste the Artisan Chocolate and Enjoy The Butterfly Farm in Mindo
Full-day excursion to Mindo, a subtropical small town on an altitude of 1250 meters. Join an artisan chocolate tour to learn about the processes of the traditional production of chocolate including a chocolate tasting at the end. At the butterfly farm in Mindo, you will see a lot of different types of butterflies, and hopefully, you can hold one in your hand.
Otavalo - Explore a Unique Variety of Handicrafts and Textiles
Transfer north to visit the equatorial monument “Quisato”, which lies across the equator before you reach the worldwide known Indian handicrafts market in Otavalo, which offers a unique variety of handicrafts and textiles. After lunch at Hacienda Pinsaqui, which dates back to the year 1790, you will continue to Peguche where you can observe weavers at work. Overnight at our hotel, a restored estate from the 17th century.
Quito - Admire a Crater Lake: the Laguna Cuicocha
Rise early to visit Laguna Cuicocha, a crater lake on an altitude of 3,000 m (9,850 ft.) above sea-level. On the way back to Quito you will stop at Hacienda La Compañía de Jesus to visit their rose plantation and beautiful rose exhibition. Lunch at the hacienda will be included.
In the final day, morning is yours to relax and enjoy the hotel amenities until your departure. Meet your private driver for transfer to the airport for your homebound flight.
Starting from $3,125 per person
Price per person in double occupancy
The rate is based on 4-star accommodation
Price excluding international flights
This trip is customizable for your private travel.
Request a quote for a trip fully customized to your preferences.
- 10 nights hotel accommodation
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All services on a private basis
- All services by deluxe non-smoking A/C minivan
- Entrance fees to all mentioned sites and museums
- Professional English speaking guides/assistance for all services
- Road tolls, parking fees
- Flight rates are NOT included in our rates
Sightseeing Highlights Included
- Visit the city of Bogota; excursion to the 300 meters (1000 ft.) high Monserrat mountain by cable-car.
- Walk-through the colonial historical center La Candelaria
- Visit the famous Gold Museum
- Visit the underground salt cathedral in Zapaquirá
- Explore the city of Armenia, located in the Colombian coffee region, and transfer to the beautiful Hacienda Bambusa
- Different than typical coffee tours visit the Andean village of Pijao and learn about Colombian coffee.
- Discover the small town of Salento
- Drive to Cocora valley, the principal location of Colombia’s national tree, the Quindío wax palm
- Visit Quito, the scenic city with its picturesque, colonial center (UNESCO World Heritage) is surrounded by snowcapped volcanoes
- Take a tour of Quito´s most famous sights, including the historical center and the oldest street “La Ronda”.
- Visit the equatorial monument, Mitad del Mundo“ and the National Museum
- Excursion to Mindo, a subtropical small town, and join an artisan chocolate tour
- Visit the equatorial monument “Quisato”
- Visit Laguna Cuicocha, a crater lake at an altitude of 3,000 m above sea-level.
- Explore Hacienda La Compañía de Jesus to visit their rose plantation and beautiful rose exhibition.
10 Days , 7 Cities
10 Days , 6 Cities