8 Days , 2 Countries , 3 Cities
Countries Visited Germany
Places Visited Rüdesheim am Rhein, Mainz, Triberg, Lindau, Starnberg, Berchtesgaden, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Oberammergau
Suggested Duration 9 days
Travel Styles Christian Tours
Arrival in Frankfurt, visit of RüdesheimAfter your arrival at Frankfurt airport meet your tour escort. Depending on the time of arrival it is possible to organize an orientation tour of the city of Frankfurt, the financial capital of Germany. In the afternoon, drive to the small city of Rüdesheim, located on the banks of the river Rhine. With a local guide explore the Old City including the Drosselgasse, the heart of this town. The tour ends at a wine cellar. Here a wine tasting ceremony is prepared and dinner is served as a barbecue. Enjoy a very special first evening in Germany!
Rüdesheim, Loreley, St. Goarshausen, Koblenz, MainzAfter breakfast you embark on a cruise on the river Rhine. Relish in the beauty of this picturesque landscape with its magical castles, ancient ruins, bold cliffs, steep vineyards, and quaint small towns. Once you’ve passed the dangerous rock formation called the Loreley, leave the boat at St. Goarshausen and continue by coach to the fortress of Ehrenbreitstein. Situated high above the Rhine valley, directly opposite of Koblenz, it offers a stunning panorama. From here you have the perfect view of the German Corner, where the Moselle flows into the Rhine. A modern cable car takes you across the river. When you are back on solid ground, it is time to go for a short walk to the main station of Koblenz. On the way pass the Elector’s Palace, built in the 18th century. Travel back south to Mainz by train. Dinner and overnight in Mainz.
Mainz, Heidelberg, TribergStart the day with a short journey further south. Pass the Odenwald, a low mountain range connecting the states of Hessen and Baden-Wuerttemberg. Reach the city of Heidelberg, located by the river Neckar. The Heidelberg Mountain Railway takes you up to the Castle. There you can admire the castle itself, the Castle Garden, the Castle Church, the Pharmacy Museum and the Big Historical Barrel. Take a walk through this oldest university town in Germany and see the famous Stone Bridge over the river Neckar and the Church of the Holy Ghost. In the afternoon it is time to explore the mystical Black Forest. Enjoy the spectacular views along the High Black Forest Road. Finally arrive at today’s destination: Triberg, a small village deep in the forest. Relish in a dinner of local delicacies, before taking a short walk to the illuminated waterfall of Triberg. Dinner and overnight in Triberg.
Triberg, Schaffhausen, Lake Constance, LindauIn the morning the scenic road takes you right across the border to Switzerland. Shortly after, you arrive in Schaffhausen, returning to the Rhine. Visit the famous Rhine Fall, the biggest waterfall in Europe. Brave the rough waters of the fall on a short boat tour. Afterwards return to Germany and arrive at Lake Constance. First stop is the peninsula of Reichenau. A local guide shows you around this stunning UNESCO world heritage site. Let the charming monastery, several small churches, wide fields and green gardens enchant you. Last stop for the day is the island Mainau, famous for its gardens and parks. Dinner and overnight in Lindau.
Lindau, Neuschwanstein, Andechs, StarnbergAfter breakfast you leave Lake Constance and head in the direction of the Alps, crossing the Allgäu. Sit back and admire the idyllic scenery with its peaceful pastures, grazing cows and sheep and magnificent mountains. Take a quick photo stop below castle Neuschwanstein before turning back north. Around noon arrive in Andechs. This small village is known for its monastery and brewery, set against a breath-taking back-drop. In the afternoon take part in a guided visit of said brewery. You might even solve the mystery of the German purity law at the beer tasting. Next stop is Lake Starnberg, named after the city at its northern end. The two-hour boat ride introduces you to all the important sights on and around the lake, including most of the castles that can be found her. Dinner and overnight in Starnberg.
Starnberg, BerchtesgadenToday’s journey takes you past Munich, through the foothills of the Alps to Berchtesgaden. Here, nestled in a corner of the German border, the Berchtesgaden national park can be found. An idyllic biosphere, made up of towering mountains, deep chasms and spar-kling, gurgling rivers. Explore the region on a drive along the Rossfeld Panorama Road. Located near the city is also Hitler’s former summer residence, Kehlsteinhouse, only reachable via lift. Dinner and overnight in Berchtesgaden.
Berchtesgaden, Garmisch-PartenkirchenFollowing the outskirts of the Alps, you pass the lakes Chiemsee, Tegernsee and Staffelsee, before arriving in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. This small village is snuggled at the foot of the Zugspitze, Germany’s highest mountain. Ride the cogwheel train up to the Zugspitz Plateau, at around 2,600 meters (8,500 ft.), and marvel at the incredible. If you want, you can take a cable car to the summit from here (not included). Dinner and overnight in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
The Passion PlayIn the morning continue to the “Passion Play village with heart”. Oberammergau is not only known for its Passion Play , but also for its woodcarving craft and for its colorful and attractive frescos known as Lüftlmalereien. In the morning you can explore the lovely village, the museum, the parish church and visit a wood carving workshop. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Then it is time to take your seat in the Passion Play Theater. All the actors, musicians and singers, as well as the backstage staff are residents of Oberammergau. Between the different scenes from the last days of the life of Jesus Christ, admire the “living pictures”, displaying moments from the bible as still lives with real people. After about 2 and a half hours it is time for a break. Dinner waits for you at a restaurant in the region. Afterwards you have the opportunity to stroll around in the village. After the 3-hour break the second part of the play begins. When the play has finished return to your hotel. Overnight in the Oberammergau area.
Departure Day - MunichToday it is time to say goodbye to Germany. We trust you will leave with a lot of great memories and fascinating experiences. Hopefully we will see you again soon.
- Deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach for all transfers, touring, and sightseeing – from Frankfurt airport to Munich airport
- English speaking tour escort – from airport to airport
- 6 overnight stays in hotels of the chosen category (1x in Rüdesheim, 1x in Mainz, 1x in Triberg, 1x in Lindau, 1x in Starnberg, 1x in Berchtesgaden, 1x in Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
- 1 overnight stay in the Oberammergau region
- Accommodation in double rooms with bath en suite
- Daily breakfast buffet at the hotels
- Barbecue with wine tasting in Rüdesheim on the first evening
- 6 x Dinner at the hotels (either menu or buffet) or a local restaurant
- 1 x Dinner served during the break of the Passion Play (3-course menu)
- Beverage package during the Passion Play dinner (incl. mineral water, soft drinks, beer, wine by the glass, coffee, and tea)
- Luggage service at the hotels (where available, 1 piece of luggage per person, in & out)
- Local English speaking guides for (2 English-speaking guides in each place for a group larger than 30 pax)
- 3 hours: Heidelberg
- 2 hours: Island Reichenau
- 1.5 hours: Island Mainau
- 1 hour: Rüdesheim
- Entrance fees for Koblenz: Cable car // Heidelberg: Cable car, Castle // Triberg: Waterfall // LakeConstance: Mainau Island // Andechs: Brewery (tour included) // Garmisch-Partenkirchen: Cogwheel train (roundtrip)
- River cruise on the Rhine from Rüdesheim to St. Goarshausen
- Train ticket (second class) from Koblenz to Mainz
- Boat tour at the Rhine fall in Schaffhausen
- Beer tasting at Andechs monastery
- Boat cruise on Lake Starnberg
- Headphone-system during the whole tour
- Ticket to the Passion Play in category 2
- Program booklet of the Passion Play, including the text of the play (in English)
- All visitor and city taxes
Sightseeing Highlights Included
- Explore the Old City, including the Drosselgasse
- Visit the Wine Cellar
- Explore the Old City, including the Drosselgasse
- Cruise on the river Rhine.
- See the dangerous rock formation called the Loreley
- Reach Rhine valley
- It offers a stunning panorama. From here, you have the perfect view of the German Corner
- Travel by train Mainz
- Visit the city of Heidelberg
- The Heidelberg Mountain Railway takes you up to the Castle. You can admire the castle itself, the Castle Garden, the Castle Church, the Pharmacy Museum, and the Big Historical Barrel.
- Take a walk through this oldest university town in Germany and see the famous Stone Bridge over the river Neckar and the Church of the Holy Ghost.
- Explore the mystical Black Forest.
- Visit the town Triberg.
- Walk to the illuminated waterfall of Triberg.
- Visit the famous Rhine Fall, the biggest waterfall in Europe.
- Discover the peninsula of Reichenau.
- Stop at Island Mainau, famous for its gardens and parks.
- Head in the direction of the Alps, crossing the Allgäu.
- Take a quick photo stop below castle Neuschwanstein before turning back north.
- This small village is known for its monastery and brewery, set against a breath-taking backdrop.
- Guided visit to a beer brewery.
- Two-hour boat ride at Lake Starnberg.
- Travel through the foothills of the Alps to Berchtesgaden.
- Explore the region on a drive along the Rossfeld Panorama Road.
- Visit the small village of Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Start the Passion Play village with a heart
- Explore the lovely village, the museum, and the parish church and visit a woodcarving workshop.
- Take your seat in the Passion Play Theater.
Beautiful National Parks – Czech Republic & Germany
Admire a miracle of nature between Dresden & Prague. Let yourself be enchanted by the…
View Tour Details
7 Days , 2 Countries , 4 Cities
Czech Republic and Dresden – Christmas Tour
The joy of discovering the best the Czech Republic has to offer is supported by…
View Tour Details
9 Days , 3 Countries , 8 Cities
Grand Tour of Prague and Alps
Before World War I, the Czech Republic was part of Austria-Hungary, a landlocked country in…
View Tour Details
8 Days , 2 Countries , 4 Cities
Prague – Karlovy vary – Dresden – Melnik
Czech Republic and Germany are two of the most popular travel destinations in Europe. Czech…
View Tour Details