14 Days , 6 Cities
South African band in Johannesburg streets
Welcome to Johannesburg!
On arrival in Johannesburg, you will take your connecting flight to Hoedspruit. Here one of the lodge staff will meet you for the transfer to the reserve. After lunch, you can check into your room to freshen up before your afternoon game drive, or simply relax after a long journey.
Kapama Private Game Reserve
Kapama Private Game Reserve
Spanning 13 000 hectares of the pristine African bush, Kapama offers the perfect sanctuary for a wide variety of wildlife. Here, over 40 different species of mammals including the Big 5 – elephant, lion, leopard, African buffalo, and rhinoceros – as well as 350 bird species, thrive in their natural habitat. Guests get the opportunity to observe these magnificent creatures in the wild with twice-daily guided game drives, nature walks, and once-in-a-lifetime elephant encounters (optional).
A typical day at Kapama is a wake-up call early morning and take tea, coffee, and rusks. Start your morning game drive (approx. 3 hours). On your return, your breakfast is ready to serve.
After breakfast, you can join the optionally included morning nature walk, take part in optional extra activities or simply relax
Leopard spotted in Kapama Private Game Reserve
Kapama Private Game Reserve - Continue to explore
We are continuing our day in Kapama Private Game Reserve and accommodation will be in the same hotel.
Flight to Cape Town
After a final morning game drive and breakfast, you will be transferred to the Hoedspruit Airport for your flight to Cape Town, where your driver will meet you and transfer you to your hotel.
Robben Island, South Africa
Cape Town - Enjoy the Mother City and the Atlantic Seaboard with Robben Island
Today you explore the highlights of one of the most beautiful cities in the world!
The tour commences with a tour of Table Mountain (weather permitting). Enjoy panoramic views over the Mother City and the Atlantic Seaboard with Robben Island in the distance lying sleepily in Table Bay harbor. Travel along the Atlantic Seaboard via Sea Point, Clifton and Camps Bay, and Hout Bay for a short comfort stop. Continue via Chapman’s Peak, one of the world’s most breath-taking coastal drives, to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve and Cape Point which is perceived to be the meeting point of the Atlantic and Indian Oceans. Go on to historic Simon’s Town, a village with charming Victorian architecture, a naval base, and a large penguin colony at the beautiful Boulders Beach. Boulders Penguin Colony is home to a growing colony of the vulnerable African Penguin. Wooden walkways allow visitors to view the penguins in their natural habitat and there is also a new information center. A lunch stop is made nearby (lunch to own account). End the day with a visit to the well-known Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens. The Garden includes five of South Africa’s six different biomes and is world-renowned for the beauty and diversity of the Cape Flora it displays as well as for the magnificence of its setting against the eastern slopes of Table Mountain. The tour ends with a drop-off at your hotel.
Red Wine - South Africa
Stellenbosch, Franschhoek and Paarl - Beautiful Wine Regions area
You have the morning at leisure to explore the city with attractions such as the Bo Kaap, Greenmarket Square, and Company Gardens to name but a few, or visit the V & A Waterfront with loads of entertainment, arts & craft stalls, and the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary African Art, or even book a ferry to Robben Island (weather dependent).
In the afternoon you tour the beautiful Stellenbosch region, the historic heart of South Africa’s wine industry. Enjoy some time in the bustling town of Stellenbosch where solid, white-plastered buildings arose and the streets were planted with oak trees, giving it the name Eikestad (Town of Oaks), which is still used to describe the town today. Walk down the canal-lined avenues, in the shade of those now giant oak trees and their beautifully preserved historic buildings. Stop in at one of the world-renowned estates for a wine tasting and tune into the soul of the region’s wine lands. Return to your hotel after an enthralling day in the countryside.
Cape Town International Airport - Departure
After breakfast, you are transferred back to Cape Town International Airport for your flight home.
Starting from $3,498 per person
Price per person in double occupancy
The rate is based on superior accommodation
Price excluding international flights
This trip is customizable for your private travel.
Please inquire to request a quote for your custom trip!
Request a quote for a trip fully customized to your preferences.
- Meet & Greet at the airports
- Local scheduled flights as per the itinerary incl. 20kg (45 lbs.) checked luggage
- Return airport transfers between Hoedspruit and Kapama
- 3 nights at Kapama Southern Camp, including all meals, teas, selected beverages, 2 game drives daily, and an optional nature walk after breakfast. Conservation levies are included but remain subject to change
- Return airport transfers in Cape Town
- 3 nights at The Commodore Hotel on a bed & breakfast basis
- A full-day private tour of Table Mountain & the Peninsula
- A half-day private PM tour of the Stellenbosch wine region
Sightseeing Highlights Included
- Visit Greater Kruger Park
- Explore Kapama Private Game Reserve and its 40 different species of mammals, including the Big 5 – elephant, lion, leopard, African buffalo, and rhinoceros – as well as 350 bird species
- Tour of Table Mountain
- Enjoy panoramic views over the Mother City
- Travel along the Atlantic Seaboard via Sea Point, Clifton and Camps Bay, and Hout Bay
- Experience Chapman’s Peak, one of the world’s most breathtaking coastal drives
- Go on to historic Simon’s Town
- See Boulders Penguin Colony
- Visit the well-known Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens
- Visit the beautiful Stellenbosch region, the historic heart of South Africa’s wine industry
12 Days , 4 Countries , 6 Cities
8 Days , 3 Cities
9 Days , 3 Cities
13 Days , 3 Countries , 7 Cities
10 Days , 4 Countries , 6 Cities