La Vinuela - Relax & Reconnect with Nature
You will spend a lovely day in the countryside on this truly rural adventure and delightful gastronomic experience. Today, we invite you to enjoy the quiet, tranquility of rural Southern Spain and learn about organic farming. This morning, you will be taken on a beautiful drive to the Natural Park of Grazalema to take in and explore the surrounding wilderness and natural beauty of the Andalusian countryside.
La Dehesa Biodinámica is an agroecological project that brings people closer to biodynamic agriculture and permaculture with the goal of teaching and re-educating us on our eating habits. With more than 700 hectares of land, the experience in La Dehesa Biodinamica covers different parts:
1. Direct contact with the animals: interacting with the beautiful Lusitano horses, cows, sheep, and goats in the wild and being able to collect the eggs from the free-range chickens.
2. Enjoying nature and the landscape: the visit is done on an eco-friendly 4x4 car so you can have access to all the areas of the farm
3. Traditional vegetable garden: you will learn how they prepare the garden, create their
own compost and biodynamic preparations.
4. Horse dressage (rejoneo): you will admire the strength of the Lusitano horse in the farm's arena showing the different dressage techniques.
5. Farm to the table experience: there is no better way to end this fabulous morning than tasting the fruits of the countryside we have just discovered. You will try their olive oil, their wine and will be delighted with a delicious lunch of seasonal and organic products harvested in their garden, paired with organic drinks, water, and homemade bread (yummy and healthy!).
Note: We can accommodate all sorts of food preferences and/or allergies. Please make a request when booking.
After lunch, you will be transferred to your hotel in La Viñuela.
The Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park in the northeastern part of the province of Cádiz encompasses a complex of mountain ranges. It is a karstic region and contains several large limestone caverns, including the Cueva del Gato, the Cueva de la Pileta, and the Garganta Verde. The Sierra de Grazalema is also home to many colonies of vultures, including a few pairs of Egyptian vultures, a species that is seriously threatened. The natural park was declared a biosphere reserve in 1977.
In the afternoon, enjoy some well-deserved pampering at your hotel's marvelously relaxing on-location Spa and find your inner peace. Start your journey by toning your body with aromatherapy and contrast showers, then plunge into the Hamman, perfect to help release any muscle tension from your hike this morning.
Unwind in the sauna and tubs, both overlooking the beautiful La Viñuela reservoir offering breathtaking views of the natural surroundings. Then, indulge in a 45-minute full-body relaxing massage. Finally, give free rein to your imagination and all your senses by savoring a delicious tea in the rest area. This experience is sure to leave you feeling completely serene and calm: a unique and unparalleled unforgettable experience.
*We kindly request that customers inform us of any health-related issues: allergies, cardiovascular diseases, pregnancy, etc.
You will then head to your hotel's restaurant for a delicious dinner.
The charming village of La Vinuela (Little Vineyard) lies amongst some of the most spectacular scenery in Andalusia. Close by is the man-made reservoir Lake Vinuela, one of the most popular tourist attractions in the province of Malaga, which not only serves to irrigate the surrounding land but is also the perfect place for a picnic and watersports. It is a great spot to get-away spot, where the only sounds you hear are the calling of the birds and small animals that inhabit the countryside and olive groves.