- 10 Days , 2 Countries , 6 Cities
Sample Tours in Uganda
- 8 Days , 2 Countries , 4 Cities
- 8 Days , 4 Cities
- 10 Days , 3 Countries , 5 Cities
About UgandaSome information and tips about Uganda
Uganda, the “Pearl of Africa,” is one of the most beautiful nations on the continent. Gorilla trekking and chimpanzee trekking are the country’s most important attractions, along with the friendliness of its people. A country with splendid herbal surroundings and a prosperous mosaic of tribes and cultures, journeying through Uganda you will be captivated by means of its beauty, overwhelmed with the aid of the friendliness of its people and intrigued by all that Uganda has to offer.
Ecologically, Uganda is the place the East African savannah meets the West African jungle. Where else but in this uniquely lush destination can one study lions prowling the open plains in the morning and track chimpanzees via the rainforest undergrowth the same afternoon, then the subsequent day navigate tropical channels teeming with hippos and crocodiles earlier than putting off into the misty mountains to visit the majestic mountain gorillas?
For an incredibly small country, there’s a lot that’s large about the place. It’s home to the tallest mountain vary in Africa the source that feeds the world’s longest river and the continent’s biggest lake. And with 1/2 the last mountain gorillas dwelling here, as properly as the Big Five to be ticked off, natural world staring at is huge. Most vacationers come for the gorilla Safari, however other principal attracts are the chimpanzees, ornithology, trekking the Rwenzoris and traveling the supply of The Nile river.
We are bordered by using the Republic of South Sudan to the North, the Republic of Kenya to the East, the Democratic Republic of Congo to the West, and the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Rwanda to the South
Weather, Climate and Geography
Weather, Climate and Geography
Set at the equator, Uganda is made up of four regions (Central, Eastern, Northern and Western) on an area of 236, 580 sq. km, with its capital at Kampala.
The country is fortunate to harbor Lake Victoria, the second largest lake in the world forming the source of the Nile, the second largest river in the world.
Uganda lies astride the Equator in Eastern Africa between longitudes 29 East and East and between latitudes 4 North and South, at an average altitude of 1,100 meters above sea- level. The total area is 236,580sq.Km. We are bordered by the Republic of South Sudan to the North, the Republic of Kenya to the East, the Democratic Republic of Congo to the West, and the United Republic of Tanzania and the Republic of Rwanda to the South. Uganda experiences a temperate climate even though the majority of the country is within the Tropics with temperatures between 16 – 26’C for the majority of the year (April – November). However, during the warmer months (December – March) temperatures reach in excess of 30.
Lightweight outfits are recommended. Warm cover-ups are good for evenings.
Did you know?
- Uganda has the world’s youngest population! The median age in Uganda is 15.7 years.
- Water in Uganda is not recommended to be drank.
- The endangered mountain gorilla resides in the Ruwenzori Mountains of Uganda.
- About one-quarter of Uganda’s surface is made up of lakes and rivers.
- You are “mzungu” if you are foreigner in Uganda.
- It is impolite to simply say, “Hi.” When greeting a Ugandan, it is customary to ask, “How are you?”
- Approximately half of Uganda’s population is under the age of 14.
- Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa, and it’s located in Uganda. This lake is connected to the Nile River.
- Uganda is home to the UNESCO-listed Rwenzori Mountains National Park.
- It’s possible to see the celebrated “big five” game animals of lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo.
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
- Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
- We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
- Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
- Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.