- 13 Days , 3 Countries , 7 Cities
Sample Tours in Zimbabwe
- 13 Days , 3 Countries , 7 Cities
- 10 Days , 4 Countries , 6 Cities
- 16 Days , 3 Countries , 2 Cities
About ZimbabweSome information and tips about Zimbabwe
A journey in Zimbabwe will take you via an eye-catching patchwork of landscapes, from central highveld, balancing boulders and flaming msasa trees, to laidback towns, lush Eastern Highlands mountains and a network of lifeblood rivers up north. Along the way you’ll get hold of a pleasant welcome from locals, famous for their politeness.
Zimbabwe is domestic to magnificent sceneries and destinations like Victoria Falls, Hwange National Park and Mana Pools. The country is blessed with diverse habitats, from the granite hills of the Matopos to the majestic mountains, lush forests and beautiful rivers of the Eastern Highlands. You can view sport by using open car at some stage in the day and at night, walk with a licensed information in all sport parks and take boating excursions; other activities consist of canoeing, kayaking and white- water rafting on the Zambezi River. As such, there is a great deal to appeal to the traveler, from wildlife viewing and adrenalin adventures to delving into the records of the Zimbabwean humans going returned heaps of years.
Located in Southern Africa, Zimbabwe is landlocked and is surrounded through South Africa to the south, Botswana to the Southwest, Zambia to the Northwest, and Mozambique to the east and north. The Zambezi river varieties the natural boundary with Zambia and when in full flood (February-April) the massive Victoria Falls on the river forms the world’s greatest curtain of falling water. The Victoria Falls are an essential vacationer attraction.
Weather, Climate and Geography
Although located in the tropics, temperate stipulations be triumphant all year, as the climate is moderated by way of altitude and the
inland function of the country. The hot and dry season is from August to October, and the rainy season from
November to March. The nice months to visit are April to May and August to September. Night-time temperatures
can fall under freezing.
Zimbabwe is bordered with the aid of Zambia to the northwest, Mozambique to the north and east, South Africa to the south and Botswana to the southwest. The central region of hills gives upward jostle to many rivers, which drain into the artificial Lake Kariba to the northwest, the marshes of Botswana to the west or into the Zambezi River to the northeast. The highveld panorama is dotted with kopjes (massive granite outcrops). Along the Japanese border for some 350km (220 miles) is a high mountainous location of great scenic beauty, rising to 2,592m (8,504ft) at Mount Inyang ani, the country’s easiest factor
Did you know?
- The country with the most official languages in the world is Zimbabwe with 16, it’s a Guinness World Record.
- Victoria Falls is one of original the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. Stretching 1 mile wide and shared by the countries of Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Zimbabwe has one of the lowest life expectancies in the world.
- Zimbabweans mostly call every kind of toothpaste “Colgate,” every soft drink “Coke,” every washing powder “Surf” and every floor polish “Cobra.”
- Lake Kariba in Zimbabwe is one of world’s largest man-made lakes.
- Zimbabweans enjoy a tropical climate with a dry season with almost no rain whatsoever from April to October and a rainy season from November to March.
- As one of the leading African countries for safari tourism, it is possible to see leopards, lions, elephants, rhinos, buffalo and antelopes here, amongst many other majestical wild creatures.
- Zimbabwe is roughly three times the size of England.
- The Black Rhino is an endangered animal and can only be found in a few places across the world, and Zimbabwe is one of them.
Let us plan your tailor-made trip
- Tell us your needsDestination, dates and other details.
- We connect you to our local expertsCommunicate with 2 top specialists to plan your trip directly through Zitango’s secure portal
- Get customized proposalsOur specialists will work hard to win your approval
- Choose one and goBook your trip. Have a wonderful journey with in-destination support from your Zitango specialist.